The Church of Scientology’s Planetary Social Betterment Campaigns
The Church of Scientology's Planetary Social Betterment Campaigns
Revolutionizing Humanitarian Outreach In The Audiovisual Age
The global devastation and human misery wrought by drug abuse, human rights violations, moral decay and natural and manmade disasters is unmistakable. They threaten to rip the social fabric to shreds and in many parts of the world these societal ills have already caused seemingly irreparable damage.
What is conspicuously lacking in combating these virtually apocalyptic scenarios are readily available, easily assimilated and rapidly distributable tools—tools to raise awareness, tools to educate and tools to activate.
In recognition of the fact that mass communication in the modern world would hinge largely on audiovisual delivery capability, Mr. David Miscavige moved the Scientology religion into the multimedia age with the establishment of state-of-the-art studio facilities at Golden Era Productions.
Under Mr. Miscavige’s direction, that multimedia capacity has now been brought to bear on the global problems attendant to drug abuse, human rights violations and moral decay.
The Church of Scientology’s revolutionary social betterment programs in the fields of drug education, human rights awareness, moral resurgence and disaster relief now stand in testament of that focus. They are utterly unique, indisputably cutting edge and most importantly—effective.
The pattern is wholly consistent:
- Create aesthetically powerful public service announcements that communicate the core issues in direct terms that anyone can understand so as to raise public awareness.
- Freely distribute these announcements both for broadcast on the Internet and television as well as to like-minded organizations.
- Follow up with longer-form video properties that can be used to educate.
- Create educational material and curriculums that can be used to further enlighten and empower those in need.
- Make all of it freely accessible on the World Wide Web.
- Allow all interested individuals, groups and governments to make the campaign their own.
- And in this way create a global force for common good, uniting all in overcoming societal ills that plague this planet.
This is the fundamental pattern, and it was both conceived and inspired by Mr. Miscavige himself—right down to the finest details of scripting, production, post production, sound mixing and manufacture on DVD for mass distribution. What follows here are the statistics and accomplishments of the global social betterment campaigns of the Scientology religion.
This is what can be done when one man, driven to achieve the vision the religious Founder entrusted to him, with the full support of the religious movement he leads, extends the hand of indiscriminate help to others.